Pages

Friday, February 24, 2012

Burlap Wreaths

     I had a great time today with my good friend Jen making these wonderful burlap wreaths.  I'm pretty sure I am falling in love with burlap.  It is so inexpensive and comes in beautiful colors.  I chose to make a black wreath with black and white ribbon to go with my bedroom makeover I am doing.  My friend Jen chose brown with brown and white ribbon and both turned out amazing!  All that you need for this project is a foam wreath, burlap, ribbon to hang, and the larger head pins.  You will need about a yard of burlap for a 12 inch wreath.  Cut the burlap into 4x4 inch squares. 
Our stacks of squares cut out

     Next, take a burlap square and fold it into a triangle. Then take the right corner and fold it forward to the middle, and take the left corner and fold it back to the middle so it forms a bubble look.  From here you just start grabbing pins and pinning around the wreath form.

     Finally, we glued our ribbon together around the wreath to hang.  This is such an easy and fast project and it turned out great!

     I'm sure that you could have so much fun with these and add some fun birds or accessories but they really do look great the way they are as well.  Enjoy!

                                                                             Blessings, Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment