Pages

Friday, February 10, 2012

Herbs For The Kitchen

     This project is based off of something that I fell in love with on Pinterest.  I loved the idea from the moment I saw it and new that I had to give it a shot.  When I am shopping for groceries there is one herb that I ALWAYS buy because I can't get enough of it, cilantro.  So when I saw this board I knew that I wanted to grow my own cilantro.  I also decided to try and grow some rosemary and parsley.  I say "try" because I am usually not to good with live plants. lol!  I am so excited to see and eat the fruit of this though!  All that you need for this project is a piece of wood, some paint, mason jars, soil, seeds of your choice, chalkboard paint, and some chalk.  This was a very inexpensive idea and I'm believing it's going to pay off.  I am excited to hang it in my kitchen and watch it grow.  My friend Jen H. joined me and made one for her house as well.  We had so much fun.  Here are some pics below of the process and one complete project. Hope you enjoy :)
Finished product

after a coat of paint

sanding

what you will need

lining up the jars to glue

                         Blessings, Jen :)

No comments:

Post a Comment