Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Bedroom Makeover

     For the longest time I have wanted to redo my master bedroom.  I basically had a room full of out dated furniture and barely anything on my walls.  What I did have on my walls reminded me of something you would see in my grandmas house.  Not exactly the look I am going for but it was something to fill space.  I didn't want to spend money to redo the room so I chose to take what I had and turn it into something that I would love.  The first thing to tackle was these very unattractive night stands, dresser, and headboard.  These were all an old worn out wood color and most of the finish was not even on them anymore.  They had these huge almost Gothic looking drawer pulls on them so I knew I wanted to do something else.  I painted them all black and found these cute knobs on clearance for only .79!  Here are some pics of the finished furniture.
Big dresser.  My husband side has "S" knobs and mine has "J" we put LOVE on the center


Nightstand for my side says J & B

My husbands nightstand has S & B
our initials

     The next thing was to bring some color in the room.  I found this bedspread for a really great price and painted the wall behind my bed red.  This really brought out the black in the headboard.  I then added a curtain on a rod behind the bed to give it a crowned look and found this cool tree decal that rubs onto the wall.  Both of these only cost $10.00.  Here is a portion of the wall.

     The next thing we knew we wanted was a sitting area.  My husband found this chair for free so we cleaned it and it fits in perfect!  The table and lamp only cost 3.00 at a yard sale and the ottoman was only 1.50 at a yard sale.  The ottoman was an old ugly pink so I made this black canvas like slipcover to go over the top for 3.00 and we now have the perfect place to read out Bibles in the morning!  Love it!
sorry about the pic quality but you get the idea. :)


     The wall behind the chair is not done but I painted these cool birds on a wire for a cheap and fun way to fill up some space.  I still have so many more ideas that I want to add in but was so excited with what we have done so far.  Hope you enjoy the makeover. I will add more pics as I get more done. 
                                                                         Blessings, Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment