Pages

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Honey Whole Wheat Bread




There is nothing better than homemade bread and with my husband and I trying to eat more whole natural foods awhile ago I decided to make our breads. This way we are able to control the ingredients put in, I came across this blog called 100 Days of Real Food. This blog is amazing with menu plans for whole unprocessed foods and recipes as well, it is a great source. I put this recipe in my bread machine.


Yield: 1 loaf

Ingredients

  • 4 ¼ cups whole-wheat flour
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • 1 ½ cups warm water (not too hot or it will kill the yeast)
  • ¼ cup honey
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil (or melted butter)
  • 1 packet or 2 ¼ teaspoons yeast

Directions

Follow your bread machine’s directions for making a whole-wheat sandwich loaf. For me that means putting in the dry ingredients first with the wet ingredients on top. I have the Sensio and it takes the machine 4 hours to make this loaf.




No comments:

Post a Comment