Pages

Friday, May 18, 2012

Children Are a Heritage

     I think that one of the biggest mission fields that gets overlooked is the mission field of raising our children.  To teach them to love God, to walk this walk with them daily, and to show them the disciplines of reading God's word and praying.  As parents and I think especially moms, we tend to feel like what we are doing every day in our daily lives is not enough.  Like we are missing out on some greater calling on mission fields in other countries.  I believe that God wants us to really understand that our children are our heritage, that THEY ARE OUR MISSION FIELD.  God has called us right where we are at.  I have a very strong conviction to raise my kids in a Godly manner, to homeschool them, and teach them about the world around us through God's word.  I am continuing to see that everything in this world points to God, our amazing creator who gives us all things. 
     One thing that I have etched in my heart and mind is a word spoken over our family.  It is something that I hear in my thoughts daily.  A reminder of a purpose.
It is from Psalms 127:3-5
                  Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, The fruit of the
                  womb is a reward.  Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, So are the
                  children of one's youth.  Happy is the man who has his quiver full of
                  them; They shall not be ashamed, But shall speak with their
                  enemies at the gate.
     Wow!  I think we really need to read this and let this sink into our minds! Get it in our hearts!  This is purpose!  God has entrusted us to guide these children.  He purposely gave these wonderful children to me and to you, so that we can guide them!  What an honor.  I don't believe that any children are accidents.  If they are created, than they have a purpose and a destiny.  It is our job as moms and dads to "shoot" them, like an arrow, with purpose to the target God has planned for them. 
     Please parents and especially moms, don't lose heart with what you are doing.  If God has called you to parent, He will be faithful to give you what you need to get these kids where He wants them! 
                                                                    Blessings, Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment