Pages

Monday, June 18, 2012

5 Ingredient Peanut Butter Granola Bars



This last weekend I was in the mood to bake! I made cookies and homemade granola bars so, I thought I would share the Granola Bar recipe with you..

Recipe from savoring the Thyme

Ingredients

4 cups rolled oats
2 tablespoons chia seeds (I used Flaxseed)
1/2 cup unsalted peanuts (I used a mix)
3/4 cup natural peanut butter, melted
1/2 cup honey

add ins:

chocolate chips
wheat germ
flaxseed
dried fruit (I used organic raisins)
other nuts
coconut

Preheat oven to 350 Degrees

In a large bowl, combine oats, chia seeds and peanuts. Add honey and mix to combine. Add melted peanut butter and mix until moistened. This works as a perfect, a simple granola bar, but you can also throw in any add-ins at this time. Fold them into the dough. If the dough is still too dry (this can depend on your ingredients) add more peanut butter or honey, 1 tablespoon at a time until moistened.




Press Dough into a greased 9x13 baking dish. Bake for 25 minutes.





No comments:

Post a Comment