Pages

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

DIY Window Glass Etching

Recently my Husband put up some shelves for me above my kitchen table. A little over a year ago we moved into a small 800 sq ft home. Which I love! But, I have had to be creative on storage space. I love to sew and did not have room for another piece of furniture. I do not like clutter!!! So we installed (Joe) some shelves, then I had a space that really was needing something.
I was at one of our local thrift stores and dound this amazing window. I bought some etching cream, letters, and a number stencil. I laid the stencil in one section did the etching cream and then did another section. I did four sections total. After letting the last section sit for 5 minutes I wipped off all the etching cream, leaving a faint number patters. After letting it dry some more, I added some letters that spelled our last name and here is the finished project.


Window hung under the shelves

Pam


No comments:

Post a Comment