Pages

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Easy DIY Earring Holder

     Here is an easy do it yourself project that only takes a few minutes and looks great.  You will have to bare with me and all of this burlap I've been using, but I've been trying to come up with practical ways to use the leftovers that I have.  Staying with the black and white theme to match my bedroom, I made this great earring holder that you can either hang on the wall or stand on a dresser.  All that you need is a picture frame, small piece of burlap, and a stencil of your choice.  I should have taken more pictures of the process but it went so quickly that I really didn't think about it.  First thing I did was to take the glass out of the picture frame.  Then using the cardboard backing that the frame came with, I cut a rectangle hole in the middle that made the cardboard basically the same shape and size as the frame.  The reason for this was to be able to attach the burlap to something and stretch it tight so it would be possible to hang the earrings from it.  I then glued the burlap on starting from the right and working left so that I could stretch it as I went.  Next, I used a stencil and white paint to make a design in the center.  Very easy and fast!  I'm excited to see what it looks like after I get my walls painted and everything in it's place.  :) 
The final product :)

I just put one earring in so that you can get the idea of what it looks like


No comments:

Post a Comment