Pages

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

A Walk of Faith

    Faith! This is a word that I have been pondering alot lately, over and over again God has brought me to the place of faith in Him. I do not usually share personal things but, I felt like now was a good time as it kind of has to do with the recipe I am posting. For 5 years now my husband and I have been believing and praying for a baby. I am very lucky to not only have a family who has been praying for us but, a church family who prays for us on a continuous basis. It is so sweet, I have little kids come up to me and tell me they are praying for me to have a baby too. God uses even the little ones.
   We have made a decision to stand on the Word of God and trust when He says NONE of His people shall be barren. We both would like to adopt someday but, believe God wants to give us a child first. This has been one of the hardest struggles of my life up to this point. With the times of tears, I try to remember that God has something for me in this season of life and I do not want to miss out; for this season is just that.
I am currently preparing my body for pregnancy. I have started taking prenatal vitamins, exercising everyday, eating alot better!!! I realize while it is going to take God to bring us a baby, it is my job to prepare and wait for that miracle to happen!
   The Word of God says that he will restore what the devouring locust destroy; when I was younger and unsaved I did things my way and had three miscarriages. I know the heartache of loss but, God has restored love in my life and so much more!! I look forward to the day He restores children as well and I get to hold my baby in my arms.I WILL BE GLOWING AND A CHEESY MOM:)
Here is one of the healthier recipes I made tonight, I hope you enjoy it.

SKINNY TEXAS CHEESE FRIES



Skinny Texas Cheese Fries 
Skinnytaste.com
Servings:
2 • Serving Size: 1/2 • Old Points: 6 pt • Points+: 7 pt
Calories:
259 • Fat: 12.3 g • Protein: 10.1 g • Carb: 29 g • Fiber: 2.9 g • Sugar: 1.4 g
Sodium:
590.5 mg (without salt)

If you make the homemade low-fat buttermilk ranch ad 1 point plus or 52 calories.

Ingredients:
  • 2 medium potatoes (2/3 lb total), yukon gold or russet, washed and dried (skin on)
  • 2 tsp olive oil
  • 1 tsp smoked paprika
  • 1/4 tsp chili powder
  • 1/4 tsp onion powder
  • 1/4 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/8 tsp cumin
  • coarse salt and fresh cracked pepper
  • 1 slice center cut bacon, cooked & finely chopped
  • 1/3 cup sharp shredded cheddar cheese
  • 2 tbsp diced scallions
  • 1 tbsp sliced pickled Jalapeno (jarred on canned)

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 400°. Line baking sheet with foil for easy clean-up. Lightly coat with cooking spray.

Cut each potato lengthwise into 1/4 inch thin slices; then cut each slice into 1/4 inch fries.
In a large bowl, combine cut potatoes and oil; toss well. Add seasoning (paprika to salt and pepper). Toss to coat.




Recipe found at: Skinny Taste

No comments:

Post a Comment