Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Fun Hair Accessories At Home

     There are so many fun hair accessories that you can buy in the store these days. But, with having two girls it can get a little expensive buying them.  So, today the girls and I found some great ideas online to create our own for a lot cheaper.  We had so much fun making them. 
      The first one that we made can be made out of a satin, organza, or a material that is similar.  These are really simple to make and can be made very large or small. 
     
     Step 1) Cut out 5 or 6 circles each getting a little smaller than the one before. We
                  used various lids we found around the kitchen. 
Simply trace the circles and cut them out


Step 2) Make 5 small cuts around the circles making sure they are even distances apart.
Step 3) Using a tealight candle, carefully go around the outside edges of the circle at a
            safe distance so that the edges curl up.

Step 4) Place all off the circles on top of each other and hand stitch in the center to
          hold in place.  Place a button in the center to finish the look.
Step 5) Using a hot glue gun, place a small amount of glue on a barrette or headband
            and hold until firm.


This is a wonderful project to do with the kids and they will be so proud that they made them!


Hope you enjoy as much as we did! :)

2 comments:

  1. I've been exploring for a little bit for any high-quality articles or blog posts in this sort of house . Exploring in Yahoo I at last stumbled upon this site. Reading this info So i am glad to express that I've an incredibly just right uncanny feeling I discovered just what I needed. I such a lot without a doubt will make certain to do not forget this site and give it a look a continuing basis|regularly}.
    Stovall 3K Single Cell Bat House Kit

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like what you guys are up also. Such intelligent work and reporting! Keep up the excellent works guys I've incorporated you guys to my blogroll. I think it will improve the value of my site :)
    Sorel Women's Tofino CVS Boot

    ReplyDelete