Pages

Friday, January 13, 2012

A Love of Homeschooling

     One thing that I am very passionate about it homeschooling my kids.  I believe in it for so many reasons and continue to see the fruit of it in my kids.  I love that I get to spend my days with them and that I am the one who gets to celebrate with them when the one thing they are struggling with finally hits them.  I love that I get to wake up and do prayer and devotions with them daily. I love coming up with new ways to teach them and finding creative activities to fill our day.  I am a huge fan of having schedules but I am also a big fan of forgoing schedules when "it's just not working today."  Life is amazing and it's a journey and I want it to be an incredible experience for my children.
    I enjoy very much searching for new ideas on ways to improve our homeschool experience.  Our "classroom" is our dining room.  We all sit around our dining room table and work separately yet together.  Having four kids at such different age groups can get a little tricky when you are trying to teach.  The best thing that I have found is to have a quiet environment where everyone raises their hand and waits their turn to ask questions.  The best tool that we use is by far a big dry erase board.  It helps me as I'm teaching and helps them to figure out problems.  With all this being said, I am curious what other homeschool parents use as a classroom and what their environment looks like.  I would also like to know if anyone has any helpful ideas on ways they keep track of schoolwork for the day and areas where they keep it all.  Do you have a whole classroom set up, dining area, or no place in particular at all? 
   My hopes through this is that we can all help each other to maybe be more efficient while bringing new ideas.  Here are a few photos I've found of some very cool homeschool spaces.  I hope this inspires us all.
           
                                                                   Blessings,  Jen
I love this idea for small spaces!

Practical way to organize schoolwork and accessories

Neat little area. I liked the drawer system.

Amazing homeschool room! I'm pretty sure I need an extra room to do this :)

organized and clean. I like it

No comments:

Post a Comment