Pages

Monday, January 16, 2012

Getting Organized and Clean

     It's usually about this time of year where you hear a whole lot of talk about losing weight and getting organized.  Both of which are on my to do list, but I thought I'd take a few minutes to talk about getting organized and maybe give a few helpful tips.  This is a picture of what my bedroom closet looks like......

OK MAYBE NOT!!  In my dreams it does look like this though LOL!  I would love for it to look like this, and not just look like this but STAY like this. (which is usually my problem)  Sooo, what does my closet look like you ask? I'm not going to show you! That would be allll too embarrassing! Lol! 
     I think that one of the most important things to help in getting organized is to keep a calendar.  Schedule activities, schedule chores, and schedule cleaning if you have to.  One idea that I found online is to keep this thought in your mind, "ALWAYS leave a room looking better than when you entered it."  For example shut closet doors, take out any dirty dishes, fluff cushions, or pick up the one of many irritating little toys that lay randomly on the floor. :) 
     A great way that I've learned to keep the bathroom clean is to keep disinfecting wipes in there.  When you go in the bathroom you can just grab a wipe and quickly wipe down the counter and toilet if needed.  This way it stays clean and sanitized. 
     For the rooms with ever growing clutter (AKA kids rooms) try and keep it simple.  Baskets or plastic bins are a great way to keep all the toys separated and looking nice.  For instance, legos go in a bin, cars in one, pollys, pet shops, and so on.  You can get creative with labeling and use laminated pictures for the little ones who can't read or keep it simple with tags.  The chalkboard labels on our blog are great for this!  Make sure the kids are helping with clean up daily.  One of the biggest differences I've found is making sure all the beds are made first thing in the morning.  Then just have them quickly gather dirty clothes into a laundry basket.  Here is a great picture of an organized kids closet. 
I hope some of these ideas are helpful. They are definitely inspiring to me.  I would love to hear some other ideas on how to get organized and any useful cleaning tips you may have. 

    Blessings, Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment